Posted: 4 April 2017
The Pesach 2017 edition of Chaverim, the congregation’s newsletter, has been released.
Its 22 pages are packed with informative and entertaining reading.
- Advice on how to make sure to have a Jewish funeral in Tasmania.
- News about the forthcoming aufruf and chuppah of our Launceston members Maxine Glanger and Lev Fridgant.
- A round-up of photos from the shul’s Hannukah and Purim picnics.
- Reflections by longtime member Louise Knopman on her work as a sign language interpreter with deaf people, the first of a new series about some of the activities members perform outside the shul.
- An article from the BBC about work being done to repair disused Jewish graves in Poland.
- A recipe for a very special Pesach dish.
Chaverim is normally released three times a year and distributed free of charge to members of the congregation as an exclusive benefit of membership.
If you’d like to receive Chaverim and enjoy the other benefits of membership, you can find out more here.