Hobart Synagogue 175th anniversary
Thank you for your interest in the 175th anniversary of the Hobart Synagogue, the oldest in Australia.
We are planning an exciting weekend featuring a full program of events that will celebrate our history with our congregation members, friends, and descendants.
- When: Friday 3 July – Sunday 5 July 2020
- Draft Program:
- Government House Reception (Friday afternoon)
- Erev Shabbat Service (Progressive)
- Friday night Shabbat dinner at The Old Woolstore Hotel
- Shabbat Shacharit Service (Orthodox)
- Panel discussion on the history of Jews in Tasmania and future directions (Saturday afternoon)
- A concert reflecting the original 1845 consecration ceremony
- Tours of Hobart Jewish sites